Sunday, December 16, 2007

Temple Attendance

I have deleted most of the previous reading, the list was getting a bit long. I figured it was pretty self explanatory as to where we are in the Book of Mormon. I will keep the talks posted though. So how is everybody's reading going? I struggled a bit this week and definitely noticed on the days I missed. I am really impressed with Shawna and Sallie for being able to pull things out of First Nephi. It is so familiar to me that I tend to read right through it without really paying attention to what it is that I am reading. I definitely need to do better. I have had a couple of thoughts come to me and even though they didn't directly correlate to what I was reading I don't think I would have had them if I hadn't been reading. Spencer and I went to the Temple a few weeks ago and had a difficult time getting there to say the least. One of the many things that slowed us down was the fact that I couldn't find my temple recommend, well really I couldn't find my wallet that my recommend was in. What is funny is that after I prayed for help in finding it, it took me a few tries to get it right. I felt I had put it someplace funny so after finding a DVD I had put in the drawer in the laundry room and a card grace had made in my bathroom I found my wallet in the linen closet:) Anyway it took us over an hour to get out of the house when it should have only been 15 minutes 20 tops. But we did it. We were on our way after dropping Grace off with Shawna when I realized I had forgotten something at home that I needed so we had to turn around and go home to grab that. Anyway during this whole thing I am thinking man we really need to go to the temple if Satan is trying so hard to keep us from being there. I was wanting to go for a specific thing. However well it was good to be in the temple I didn't receive the inspiration I was looking for. When we were leaving I have to admit I was a feeling a bit disconcerted, why was it so difficult to get there if I wasn't going to receive the answer I was looking for. The next morning I picked up my scriptures and started reading when it hit me that I need to go to the temple on a more regular bases not just when I was looking for a specific answer to a pray.

1 comment:

Sal-my-gal said...

Is that so true?! I don't think I've been to the temple once in the past 5 years when it wasn't all but impossible to get there. Sometimes I get to the point where I think I'm not suppose to go that day. But why would the Lord ever not want me to go to the temple? I'm always so glad once I've made it there. Way to go Alyson for your perserverance.