Monday, December 17, 2007
Not to Worry
I split my thought for the morning up so I wouldn't set a new record for the longest blog ever : ) In chapter 9:5-6 Nephi talks about making the plates, "for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not." It's such an example of faith and obedience. It may have seemed a small thing to him at the time, to keep a journal of all the events in their lives, but look at the blessings that have come from it. Millions are reaping the blessings of these prophets that took the time to prepare and protect these records. I love what he says in verse 6, "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power and unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen." It's a great reminder to trust in the Lord. I sometimes wonder about the direction I feel we've been given. Is this really the road of employment we should be on? Why was it so important to have another baby at this time when I already have 2 running around the house (I spent a lot of time thinking "are you crazy!")? But we continue to pray and continue to feel good about these decisions. If we are confident that we are following the Lord's will then what is there to worry about? Easier said than done, but He will prepare a way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment