Tuesday, November 27, 2007
First of all, isn't Allyson awesome for executing this idea?
I know I'm a day behind, but I had a neat experience regarding this talk that I want to share. I've been thinking hard about doing the best things--and feeling pretty gulty, sometimes. Then I went in for my Stake Temple Recommend interview.
Presdient Rothesberger thanked me for choosing the best thing by staying home with my kids intsead of pursuing a career with my master's degree. I went home thinking, "You mean I'm already doing the best thing? I don't have to feel guilty!!" Of course, I was feeling guilty again the other day for not being able to accomplish very much because I was soooo tired. As I thought about it though, I realized that I'd spent two hours in Scott's class, read to Curtis and snuggled with him, and helped Scott with his homework--teaching him to read--and fed my family dinner, and held Family HOme Evening. Those were the most important things, and I did them without even thinking about it.
If this is true for me, it's true for each of us! So we can de-stress and just try a little harder on the things we don't do perfectly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment