Sunday, November 25, 2007

Welcome Welcome

Here we go, I am excited to get started. I posted this weeks weekly reading list which I will update..... surprise weekly! I started us out with just a chapter a day, excepts Sunday I figured we could handle a little more on Sunday. Let me know how the chapter a day works for you. So just post your comments whenever and in about a month we will try to get together. Here is the link for the Good, Better, Best talk by Elder Oaks. http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-775-38,00.html I really liked this conference talk and thought it would be a good way to kick off our Book of Mormon reading.

6 comments:

smengler said...

Well I haven't read the article yet, But figured I could comment anyways.

I thought it was great. Realy hit the nail on the head. Touched on several key points that will have a great impact on my life. If I apply these things in my life, I will become twice the man any of you are. HaHa.

Well lets see some blogging action on here people. Don't be shy. Feel free to share your inner most thoughts. Most likely no one will make fun of you.

John Wayne

alyhenry said...

So smengler is Spencer for those of you who couldn't tell from the sarcastic comment.

I have read both Monday and Tuesday's assignments. I really like Elder Oaks's talk. There were several things that stood out to me as I read the talk the first was what he said about time management " Of course it is good to view wholesome entertainment or to obtain interesting information. But not everything of that sort is worth the portion of our life we give to obtain it." I can remember it got me thinking when he first said it in conference about how i spend my time. Mainly about how much time I will spend reading but not enough from my scriptures. Which is where the idea for this blog came from. A way to get me to read my scripture more.

I had more thoughts and well it is probably "good" to share them, it is probably "better" to pay attention to Grace who keeps yelling in my ear and getting mad when I don't respond to her.

Shawna said...

I guess I should have put my post here and not as a new blog. oh well.

Sal-my-gal said...

Okay, I finally got around to responding to the invite. When I went to "Time Out for Women" in October, this talk along with Pres. Eyering's from priesthood session, was quoted more than any other talk. It sure made an impression on me and apparently a lot of other people as well. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up in the reading. Whenever I read I never get very far. I keep falling asleep! Also, I should note, that I am technologically challenged to the nth degree, so be patient with me in the blogging stuff. It's way new to me.

Richard and JoAnne Henry said...

Well we finally got around to figuring this out. I am really impressed. Now we have got to get with the reading. The Good Better, Best talk was our Priesthood Lesson Sunday. We often get caught up in what seems to be good and don't let the better or best become part of our life.

Richard and JoAnne Henry said...

Well we finally got around to figuring this out. I am really impressed. Now we have got to get with the reading. The Good Better, Best talk was our Priesthood Lesson Sunday. We often get caught up in what seems to be good and don't let the better or best become part of our life.